Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Its the best costume for the day.

It is May, otherwise known as the month of rain, here in New England. I have no grand illusions that it will stop raining-at least not until mid June, when we will finally have warm weather. No big deal, we will all just have terrible hair and bad attitudes.  Well, today I do not have bad hair-that's a lie, I probably do, but I had a Little Edie Beale moment whilst getting ready today, so despite torrential downpours and damp cold humidity (how does that happen?) I feel good about how I look today. It has been a while since I've actually liked how I look-I blame the pregnancy hormones and heartburn. Anyway, a rainy day head shot of me in front of the lovely stairs blocked with a baby gate covered with the grey cover to a storage tote:

I have recently cut my bangs into a nice semi-circle shape, which is great because they are versatile enough to wear slightly to the side or in the middle like vintage bangs. Also at the ripe old age of 32 I have FINALLY found a good powder to fill my white eyebrows in with. Its some cheap LA Looks pallet of browns, and one of the browns has enough auburn in it to actually make my brows look nice and not drag queenie!

Anyway, since its raining out, here's some lovely photos of the real Edie Beale since she is the inspiration for my head-scarffed coif!


And the lovely Drew Barrymore as Little Edie with Jessica Lange as Big Edie:

No comments:

Post a Comment