Thursday, September 12, 2013

Awakenings

Poor Vin.
 He has a horrible time falling and staying asleep every night (as do a lot of children on the Autism Spectrum). 
If I am being honest, this really has been every night since he was about six months old actually. 
Today he woke up coughing ( from the hand foot and mouth disaster going around his school) at 3:30 am. Having had very little sleep myself I was a little (a lot) less than understanding. After I got over myself the little guy says "I don't want to sleep, I'm afraid of my dreams." 
This is devastating to me because I have been suffering from terrible dreams my entire life and also because we have to give him melatonin to help him fall asleep and the side effect is shitty dreams.  I don't want to medicate him right now because he gets too violent on the age appropriate meds for ADHD. 
I need another me to take him out running or climbing to help him work out some of the stuff that keeps his body going at full speed 24 hours a day. Obviously that isn't going to happen, so I've got to figure this out.
 Of course it is now 4:30 in the morning and I can't even figure out how to get through the day without falling asleep standing up...

                 Capt'n Wide Awake

No comments:

Post a Comment