Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Christmas Lunatic


Let it be known that the Christmas season is my most favorite time of year. I am a bona-fide Christmas NUT.  I start getting that tingly feeling shortly after Halloween is over, and lose it approximately twelve hours after December 25th. This year we have three trees.  One five footer that is silver, a four footer that is pink and a small tree that is silver. I have always been this way, as a two year old, I broke into the furnace room where my parents hid the Christmas presents and dragged out the goods.  As an eleven year old, with the help of my brothers and sisters I broke into the red van parked on the lawn near the driveway where my parents had hid our Christmas gifts, on a night when they went out to do more shopping.  As a thirty one year old I braved the cold basement and scary unopened basement closet to sneak a peek in the Target bag that my beloved, Jason so painstakingly hid... I have yet to resort to gift hunting, but the season has really just begun-it's only December 1st for crying out loud!!  As I type this I have Bing and "the Girls" blasting on the fabulous little green ipod that I found in the Target bag in the basement last year...




This morning I introduced the children to the Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Christmas special. As I figured, it took three times of watching it to get them hooked, but I'd suffice it to say that it is now a favorite.

I am just about finished my Christmas shopping as well. I managed to do a fabulous mix of buying vintage, handmade and only a few mass produced items.  Next year I hope to do all vintage or handmade. Handmade by others of course, NOBODY wants anything that I have handmade! My favorite purchase this year is a giant lot of vintage wooden letter blocks... I have been looking at the ones in the stores for about six months now, and they just don't do it for me.  The ones from the 70s and 80s had so much more character. Luckily some one on ebay had two lots of them, so now all I need to do is give them a once over with disinfectant (just in case, you know, I have two year olds who love to put things in their mouths still...) and package them up in a sweet case.



I also discovered Sandbox Threads.  They have amazing shirts for really pennies when you think about it.  I purchased about six this year. Visit them and buy something- you will not regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment